By Mary Harris
Happy New Year!
Wow! Looking back on 2019 we accomplished a lot!
Here in no particular order are some things we are very proud of for 2019:
- Successfully taught 25 students traditional Irish music and dance
- Held a popular and financially successful ceili (to be repeated January 11, 2020)
- Launched our website with online class signups and ticket purchasing as well as blogs
- Filed our Articles of Incorporation with the State of California
- Successfully filed our 501 (C)3 application for non-profit status with the IRS (if you wish to make a tax-deductible donation please contact Mary Harris, Treasurer)
- Partnered with the House of Ireland and the House of Norway to use their cottages for classes
- Held monthly community-building tintean ceoils at the House of Ireland (the next one is January 5, 2020)
- Held our first ever Annual General Meeting in September
- Participated in the opening of the new Irish Consulate in Los Angeles in October
- Attended Comhaltas regional/provisional meetings in San Francisco in November
We have BIG PLANS for 2020 so stay tuned!
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”9″ gal_title=”2019 accomplishments”]
Written by Marry Harris